1. The Basics
SoundSeeder turns your Android Smartphones into a wireless multi-speaker audio system.
Select and play music with SoundSeeder, connect additional devices as wireless speakers to your phone and listen to your music on all devices at the same time and in sync.
Use SoundSeeder to share your music with friends or even build an Android based wireless multi-room home audio system.
SoundSeeder requires a Wi-Fi connection to stream your Music to other devices.
You can use SoundSeeder with any available Wi-Fi Hotspot. If no Wi-Fi is available, create a mobile Wi-Fi network via “Wi-Fi Direct” or use Androids built-in portable Hotspot to connect your devices.
The usage of SoundSeeder is very easy:
- Connect your devices via Wi-Fi and start SoundSeeder.
- Choose one device to be the “SoundSeeder Player” and set all the other devices to be “Speakers”.
- The SoundSeeder Player will discover the Speakers automatically.
- Use the Player to select an audio file and start the playback.
- All devices will start playing your music.
You can install and use SoundSeeder for free and as long as you want to.
In the free version of SoundSeeder some features are limited. You can unlock them by upgrading SoundSeeder via an In-App Purchase.
The benefits of the Premium Version are:
- Unlimited number of connected Speakers. (The free version is limited to max. 2 connected Speakers at the same time.)
- No connection timeout. (In the free version each Speaker connection is limited to 15mins.)
- No Banner Ads.
The Premium-Upgrade is bound to your Google-Account and will be available on all your devices. You don’t need to purchase SoundSeeder multiple times if you use it on multiple devices.
We have implemented two Android apps and one Java application, to provide SoundSeeder for as many devices as possible. Please note, that you need at least one device running Android 4.1+ to use SoundSeeder and that all devices need to be connected to the same (WiFi) network.
- The SoundSeeder Music Player is available for Phones and Tablets running Android 4.1 and higher (Jelly Bean, KitKat, Lollipop). Use this app to select and play your music or to connect it as wireless speaker to another SoundSeeder Music Player.
- If your device is running an older Android version (2.2 – 4.0), install the SoundSeeder Speaker App. It is a “Speaker-Only” version of SoundSeeder, which can be connected to the SoundSeeder Music Player App.
Both Apps are available on Google Play.
- The Java based Speaker Application lets you connect your Windows and Linux computers as SoundSeeder Speaker to your Android device. It requires a JavaSE 1.6 Runtime Environment and a WiFi connection to your Android device.
The Java Speaker is available in the Download Section.
The number of supported media formats depends on your device and Android version.
On most Android devices SoundSeeder supports the following audio codecs:
mp3, mp4, m4a, aac, 3gp, ogg, flac
Supported playlist formats are *.m3u, *.m3u8, *.pls and the internal playlists of Android.