Each Speaker requires a constant Wi-Fi traffic of about 1.5Mbit/s (0.75Mbit/s in mono mode). Make sure that you have a solid Wi-Fi connection and that your Wi-Fi is fast enough to always ensure enough bandwidth.
You should also consider to use a dedicated portable HotSpot or „Wi-Fi direct“ to connect your devices.
If the connection of SoundSeeder is instable, check the following options:
- Go to the SoundSeeder Settings and activate „Stay awake“ to avoid the standby mode
- In your devices Wi-Fi Settings set „Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep“ to „Always“
- In your devices Wi-Fi Settings deactivate „Wi-Fi optimization“
- Connect your device to the power adapter while using SoundSeeder to prevent standby mode
- Your Wi-Fi connection can also be affected by periodic Wi-Fi scans.
To reduce the number of Wi-Fi scans:
– Go to the advanced Wi-Fi Settings of your device and deactivate „Scanning always available“
To completely deactivate periodic Wi-Fi scans:
– Go to the Location Settings of your device and set the Location Mode to „Device only“ or deactivate the Location Service completely
Posted in: 3. Connectivity